9.11.2009

Labor Day Weekend

I seriously think it has taken the majority of this shortened work week for me to recover from our Labor Day weekend. So now that I've fully recovered, I'm back to the blog.

The weekend surely was a great time... we spent part of it alone, just us Boyds knocking about the house–Jacob is still working on our September Project.

On Sunday our newlywed friends the McDonalds came to visit and stay the night–like a fun little grown-up slumber party! That evening our comrades the Kimmels joined us for a great game of Quelf. If you've never played this game, I suggest you try it out; it was a hoot.

Labor Day Monday found us at Six Flags. I am opened and unashamedly scared of rollercoasters. Maybe not scared OF them... more like, I'm not designed for that kind of speed... those kinds of twists and turns... they make me feel discombobulated. Now, I've never lost my lunch after a rollercoaster–it's not necessarily about the sickness as much as the disjointed, numb sensation I feel after getting off of them. Not to mention my very real fear of heights. Heights seem to always be a part of the whole rollercoaster experience. But I digress...

The day itself was quite enjoyable–being with family and friends was great. I even rode a few rides. Jacob is a big fan of any and every water ride available. Maybe one day we'll put a log ride in our backyard... if we ever have a backyard...

I have no photos from Six Flags, but here are a few from our Sunday night Quelf game.









:::

No comments: