3.26.2009

Amanda's New Bike

So, we decided, after borrowing a friend's womens-sized mountain bike for a few days, that we should invest in a mountain bike for the lady of the house.

On Monday evening we hopped in the car and drove into Dallas to purchase a lady-bike. We arrived at REI, stepped inside and found the bike worthy of our purchase.

When the salesperson asked if I would like to take the bike out for a test-ride, I said yes, the conscious consumer that I am. Of course I want to test out the bike before I buy it, just like I would a car.

What I wasn't aware of was that in order to test-drive a bike at REI, you have to fill out paperwork and wear a helmet and a bright orange vest to ride around the parking lot in. And as I was signing my name to their liability form, I knew I couldn't back out of the test drive... I had already committed.

So, Jacob accompanied me to the parking lot, camera in hand, as I tested out my bike choice. Needless to say, the bike cruised smoothly and we bought it on the spot. And I even posed for Jake as he snapped my photo.

No comments: