9.29.2009

Thankful

As I was driving in to work this morning, I began a chain of thought which made me realize I've much to be thankful for. So, I compiled a list, and here it is:

Things I'm thankful for today:

–That neither the plain, good 'ol fashioned-flu, nor the Swine Flu, nor so much as a cough or cold have yet to invade my household. I would knock on wood at this point, if I believed in knocking on wood, which I don't, so I won't.
–A casual, yet efficient, work environment. I'm wearing Chacos today (so casual), and an eye patch (so pirate-y). Also, I spent a large chunk of yesterday drawing our two lead pastors as silly cartoons (I work at a church). On purpose. Because my bosses told me to.
–Marriage. More specifically, my marriage.
–Puppies and kittens. Just, in the general.
Friends, and tonight's weekly Bible study with them.
Ok, so I'm not actually wearing an eye patch today. I can still be thankful for the casual work environment...
–Yesterday I walked in on my supervisor while he was putting on makeup. It was, however, zombie makeup, and he was, in fact, putting it on his arm... in preparation for his Halloween costume. But its still funny to say, and for this, I am thankful.
–Ricky Gervais... and Tina Fey. These people make me laugh. And I'm thankful.


And so on...

No comments: