9.27.2009

State Fair of Texas


Attention, attention... breaking news to follow:

As most of you are well aware, the State Fair of Texas is in full swing in good 'ol Dallas, Texas. Yee haw.

What you may not be aware of is that Oprah is taping her show in Dallas at the state fair on October 12th. That's right, Oprah.


What great fortune! I can see this phone call happening:
Ring, ring... ring, ring...
Kevin (my boss): Hello?
Amanda (me): Hey Kevin... (gulp) yeah, I... a terrible thing has happened suddenly, and unexpectedly... and I cannot come into work at the present time... today, at all. The... I have to go to the hospital for some emergency medical things...
Kevin: What? Is everything okay?
Amanda: I, there's just... no time to explain... but I'm sure everything will be fine by tomorrow morning... see you tomorrow...
.... {zinger!}

Meanwhile, I'm chillin' out with Oprah at the fair, we've got a corny dog and our little matching cowboy hats, getting all my 100 copies of O Magazine signed*...


...and I won't get fired, right, if I'm caught... because who is going to fire Oprah's best friend? Hmm?

Let's hope she doesn't cancel because of the Swine Flu...

*note that I do not actually partake of such nonsense as corny dogs or cowboy hats and do not actually own a single issue of O Magazine.

:::

2 comments:

Kevin Dooley said...

I'd fire Oprah's best friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey... there could be a free corny dog in this for you.