8.16.2009

To my husband

On our 1 year anniversary, here are some of my favorite things about this man:

- The all at once impressive and inappropriate places he is able to climb upon and/or hang from in our apartment.

- His obsession with fruit juices of all variety, gadgets, and organizing his book and DVD collections.

- During the silence amidst an argument, while I’m still very upset, he begins humming, smiling, and dancing in an attempt to lighten the mood as if NOTHING AT ALL HAS HAPPENED! It annoyingly warms my heart, although I remain stone-faced.

- What an amazing daddy I foresee him becoming one day.

- The focus that he gives to any endeavor that he truly enjoys or believes in, which are carefully selected and few.

- That I know that wherever we go, whatever we do, and whatever situation life throws our way, he will stand beside me, lead, guide our family, and provide deep and thoughtful insight into every endeavor we undertake. That he does not lead blindly, but guided by a true relationship with our Savior; that his decisions stem from ideals that grow from firmly planted roots.

I love you, baby.


No comments: