7.29.2009

Holistic Health Endeavors: Body Brushing


The first thing that I ever read about body brushing was that it is good for your lymphatic system. "Great!" I thought, "I want a healthy lymphatic system!" However, I had no clue what a person's lymphatic system involved.

So, I researched it, and found that body brushing activates lymph circulation, which helps to clear out toxic debris and stimulate immunity. The other benefits of body brushing include the elimination of dead skin cells and improved skin hygiene. Also, the gentle pressure of body brushing is calming to the nervous system.

I bought a a sisal body brush on Amazon.com for around $6 and have been using it for a few weeks. So far I am enjoying the addition to my morning routine, which looks something like this: body brush from toe to head in circular motions, followed up with a shower, pat dry, then coconut oil. Smooth, glowing skin.

:::

No comments: