7.27.2009

Holistic Health Endeavors: Coconut Oil


I like to try new things. That is a blanket statement for the various mini-adventures I get myself, or my husband, into on a weekly to monthly basis. My most recent endeavors have involved subjecting myself to various holistic hygienic experiments.

First was the organic deodorant which lasted approximately a week in our bathroom until our stench finally provoked me into throwing it out.

I have found, needless to say, a few of these beauty finds are worth sticking to, keeping around, and trying them out for a long period of time in order to examine their full long-term potential.

One of these such finds is coconut oil. I started using this stuff about 2 months ago as a replacement to normal body lotion.

Once you get past the sensation that you are basting yourself like a Thanksgiving turkey, it really is quite an enjoyable beauty treatment. Your skin glows after you put it on and remains this way for up to a few hours after it has soaked in. I use it on my face as well. Haven't had a single breakout or pimple. Just smooth, moisturized, and glowing skin.

I'm still testing the long-term potential, but after 2 months of use, I give coconut oil a thumbs up.

:::

No comments: