11.02.2008

Good gracious, November is here.

Can I just say praises to the time change? It's been only hours since we turned the clocks back, but boy does it make a difference in the day! Before noon Jacob and I had done our grocery shopping, baked muffins, and watched a movie. Before NOON.

It's November 2nd and 80 degrees outside. It's been this way all week. We spent much of yesterday walking around the Denton square, and we got a little exercise. However, I have to say we probably strained ourselves more watching Texas Tech demolish Texas last night! What a game! I don't keep up with football, but that game was like a well produced action film. Therefore, my uninformed mind was well entertained. Might I add that Tech is my alma mater?


The election is Tuesday. We Boyds voted early. Fear not family, we DID cast our ballots! We are pro-active young American patriots! My dad always used to be very quiet and subtle about who he voted for. Even when I was in elementary school and would inquire of his presidential choice, he would very politely tell me that it was none of my business. I would always proceed to heckled him until he was forced into telling me, because that's the kind of loving 8 year old child that I was. But it always took my asking, and it always took my heckling, because it was private information to my father. I will add that I still heckle him when I want to know things, because that's the kind of loving 23 year old woman that I am.

This habit of his, it seems, has rubbed off on me. So, I am not going to blatantly post who my husband and I voted for, but I will say that we utilized our freedom of choice and drove ourselves to the polls and used those little electronic voting machines and selected our choice of president. Whoever wins, I'm just pleased I got a little sticker that says "I Voted" when I left.

-Amanda

No comments: