9.23.2008

School & Work

We've made it over the one month hump. In marriage, that is. So from here it should be smooth sailing, eh?

Well, so far, we're doing well. Jacob's final year of undergraduate studies is in full swing and my new job is leading me into new areas of techno-knowledge that I am beginning to scratch the surface of. Jake is reading Jane Eyre by Bronte and I'm devouring audio books by the mile-load, listening to them as I travel across Dallas on my way to work.

The company Jacob works for part-time has moved him from the position of selling Bass Pro getaways to selling Carnival cruises at discounted fares. (If you, the reader, are heretofore unaware, my husband works at a vacation sales company as a means of income during his final year at college). Meanwhile, I silently watch as he is constantly devising plans to run away from the job. He rarely mentions quitting the position, but I can see the wheels cranking in his brain on the occasions that he arrives home after a particularly exasperating 5-hour stint of telemarketing, listing in his mind the various places in Denton that may have part-time positions available. But to this point, I have admired his resilience.

Thankfully, we will be moving in a matter of months, and more job opportunities will, perhaps, arise.

On a lighter note... our weekends are fun! Honestly, we probably wish we had more time to take a weekend away to visit you, family and friends. But since I work at a church now, my time is obviously going to be required at church services which fall, inevitably, on the average working man's weekend. We do enjoy the free time that we have together, which is typically spent playing tennis or watching movies.... going on mini-dates or working out (which has only happened once, but I'm hoping will happen again). We go to the library, we take walks. We cook sometimes.

All in all, it's going good. Hope everyone who reads this is well.


-Amanda

No comments: